You can book Cornwall Park for your wedding ceremony for up to two hours and 150 people (including the wedding party) in one of two beautiful locations - Kauri Steps or The Grotto. Please have a look at our find your way map for our wedding locations. You can bring in tables for the registry and celebratory drinks, some seating, and light-touch decorations, however we do need to see details and approve your plans in advance. As this is a public space, we are unable to provide an exclusive or private experience. Once plans are approved, we do not allow changes unless exceptional circumstances. Please take a careful look at the details below before completing the application form.
- Ceremonies can be booked for up to two hours (including pack in and out)
- Maximum 150 people (including the wedding party)
- A $300 fee applies *non refundable
- Weddings cannot be booked more than 12 months in advance
- You can bring in tables for the registry and celebratory drinks, some seating (20max), and light-touch decorations, however we do need to see details and approve your plans in advance.
- No paper confetti or rice can be used as this is litter and is hard to clean up. Rose petals are permitted however we request you clean them up after the ceremony.
- There is no vehicle access to either wedding site. Bridal parties must walk to the site and any equipment must be carried.
- Buses can be permitted with prior approval.
- Quiet music to accompany your wedding ceremony is permitted subject to prior approval. Amplified sound systems are not permitted.
- One 3x3m marquee can be used but please don’t tie them to trees or peg it into the ground (weights can be used)
- Commercial caterers or food trucks are not permitted at Cornwall Park.
- If you are planning a wedding before 4pm on a weekday please consider that our ground staff may be working in the area and they are unable to stop for your ceremony.
- We advise that all ceremonies book an alternative wet weather venue.
- As this is a public space, we are unable to provide an exclusive or private experience.
- The park is ever changing and the gardens are changed seasonally so please keep this in mind - the park may not be exactly as it was when you booked your wedding.
- Please keep in mind when booking your wedding for Autumn and Winter that the park closes earlier.
Feel free to come in and take a look at our locations and chat to the team at Huia Lodge for more information.